Certification and Service Hour Pins
On this page you will find:
- Information on upcoming or current service hour pins
- Resources to replace your lost pins
We are so sorry to hear that your pin went off on an adventure of its own. These pins symbolize our accomplishments through the courses and the service hours we log making California a better place.
If you are missing the pin you received from taking a course or a service hour pin, please fill out this survey.
- For you to receive a replacement certification pin, you must have an active account in our Volunteer Portal. This is the only way we can confirm your participation in and certification through one of our courses.
- For you to be eligible to receive a replacement service hour pin, you must have met and logged the hour requirements for that year.
- Older service hour pin inventory may be low. Let us know which pin you need and we will do our best to accommodate.
2021 Service Hour Pin
The 2021 service hour pin is currently in production. Please excuse our delay. This pin was designed by Naturalist Margaret Gallagher. Margaret is an artist, illustrator, and naturalist based in Silver Lake, Los Angeles. Her detailed ink-and-watercolor illustrations highlight the intimate beauty of Southern California's native ecosystems.
The 2021 service hour pin features a Golden Trout (Oncorhynchus aguabonita), an endemic species to, and the official freshwater state fish of, California. We chose this organism to highlight UC California Naturalist's 10th year anniversary.