Become a Certified CA Naturalist
Take a Class!
The UC California Naturalist program collaborates with local partner organizations to deliver the UC California Naturalist certification course in a community near you. To become a certified California Naturalist, you will need to enroll in a 40+ hour course with one of our partner organizations. Courses combine classroom and field experience in science, problem-solving, communication training and community service. Upon completing certification requirements, participants enrolled in non-community college courses are eligible for four academic through UC Davis Extension for an additional nominal fee.
California Naturalist Certification through the University of California provides the following benefits:
- New skills, opportunities, and incentives for personal, volunteer, and professional development
- Future discounts and invitations to CalNat biennial statewide conferences and other continuing education opportunities
- Connections to science institutions across the state
- Fellowship and collaboration with other certified California Naturalists throughout the state
- The excitement of being part of the venerable tradition of naturalists throughout history and part of a new innovative community of natural resource stewards
Click on the menu to the left or the calendar to the right or one of the butterflies above to view courses open for enrollment. Please return to see our list of partnering organizations grow!